Thursday, February 27, 2014

Studio Portraits







This experience was a lot of fun for me. I stayed behind the whole camera the whole time, which was kind of a relief for me, but I have been in plenty of portraits for various different things. When I am more familiar with the individual shooting me I am much more comfortable being in front of the camera. I don't know any of my classmates particularly well so standing in front of their lens' would have been difficult for me. 
I recently got an internship with a photographer here in town who focuses mainly on portrait photography. This experience in class was a great warm-up for what is to come in my internship. 
This assignment helped me to learn how to capture the individual in their element rather than directing them and creating unreal depictions of who they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment