Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Some guy stole my sister ...

 … and I got to take pictures of it.
T-4.5 days until this bride-to-be is married to the man of her dreams. 







This experience taught me a lot. I have never done a shoot where the individual I was photographing was relying solely on me. I have gone on plenty of shoots with my intern, but she is always there snapping photos so, I know for sure that hers will turn out even if mine don't. Being the only camera and knowing that I only had one chance to capture these photos was intimidating, but it made me focus.

That nervous feeling didn't stop after I took the photos. It continued through editing and still continues as I continue to edit. While I may have taken the photos, they are for my sister - what she thinks of them is most important. Rather than the viewers of media being my consumer, she is my consumer and she is able to collaborate with me as I edit. Editing correctly requires understanding what mood she wants to capture and what story she wants to tell as well as understanding her personality, and how that story and mood will come across. The same is required when editing photos for media - what mood  is there and what personality do your viewers have, how will they grasp the photo you share with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment